|Directive No.4/2017||Ref. SD 4/922/2017|
Dean´s Directive No. 4/2017
for the Defence of Doctoral Students´ Dissertations
at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, CTU in Prague
The dissertation (hereinafter "DT"), its evaluation and defence are regulated by the
Study and Examination Code for Students of CTU in Prague of 22. 9. 2017 (hereinafter "SEC")
in Art. 28 and Art. 30.
This Directive specifies the procedure and the required enclosures necessary for the proper acceptance of the
Application for Permission to Defend the Dissertation in Doctoral Degree study programmes at the Faculty of Civil
Engineering, CTU in Prague as regulated by SEC within Art. 30, par. 1.
Prior to submitting the Application for Permission to Defend the Dissertation, a doctoral student is obliged
to check the courses registered and the examinations passed in the KOS system.
Obligatory enclosures to the Application:
- Dissertation in 4 copies (bound; with a full text version on CD attached to the back cover)
Dissertation on CD – according to logomanual CTU
- Brief curriculum Vitae (including professional and research activity)
- Supervisor´s review of the course of study
- Theses of the dissertation, including its English title 12 pcs, A5 format
- Abstract of the dissertation in Czech and English, key words of the dissertation (max. 1 A4 page) sent electronically
by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poster with dimensions of 100 x 70 cm
(containing: name, title of dissertation, supervisor, department, faculty, DT period, abstract, results, outputs)
- Excerpt from V3S (Science, Research, International Relations component)
- In the list of publications which is part of the theses, in the case of co-authorship of more authors, doctoral
students shall state their approximate proportional author´s share in percentage for each individual publication.
- Students in the Systems Engineering and Geodesy and Cartography programme are further required to include
in the list of publications (this requirement applies to students who completed their study block - i.e. professional
courses according to ISP, EL, debate - after 21. 6. 2012):
- at least one article published in a peer-reviewed journal registered in the SCOPUS database
- in this article, the doctoral student should be the author with at least 60% author´s share stated in the V3S database
Applications for Permission to Defend the Dissertation cannot be sent electronically for the reason of including signatures
(of the applicant and Branch Board Chairperson).
This directive cancels Directive No: 6/2015
21. 11. 2017
prof. Ing. Alena Kohoutková, CSc.