|Methodological Instruction of the Vice-Dean for Science and Research||No. 1/2020, issued on 2020/09/21|
METHODOLOGICAL INSTRUCTION OF THE VICE-DEAN FOR SCIENCE AND RESEARCH OF THE FACULTY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING CTU IN PRAGUE
for managing the Faculty in limited operation
- This methodological instruction is issued as a follow-up to the Rector´s Order No. 18/2020
on reducing the risk of coronavirus infection and the Dean´s Order No. 6/2020 on mitigating
the risks of coronavirus infection in the period from 21.9.2020. The provisions of this methodological instruction do not apply in cases where stricter conditions,
rules and procedures are set by legal regulations or other binding measures of a higher legal force 1.
- The document describes the procedure in case standard face-to-face instruction is disrupted during the winter semester of the 2020/2020 academic year in connection
with the coronavirus pandemic. It is obligatory for the teachers and students of the Faculty of Civil Engineering CTU in Prague.
Measures for ensuring continuous running of instruction in the winter semester of the 2020/21 academic year in the case of necessity of limiting the
face-to-face instruction format at the FCE CTU in Prague
- For all courses, the guarantors of individual courses must ensure the publication of basic study materials in the format of digital documents accessible to the students
or links to publicly available sources. Pursuant to the Rector´s Order, only the following tools are used throughout CTU: email communication, MS Teams, Moodle.
To establish a course in Moodle, contact Ing. Petra Soukupa, Ph.D.
- In each course, no later than during the first lesson, the students will be informed by their teachers about the method of providing instruction in the specific course
in the case of necessity of limiting the face-to-face instruction format and the teacher´s communication method with the students.
- In the case of limiting face-to-face instruction, distance learning tools (on-line teaching) will be used.
- If a student is unable to fulfil their study duties because of the limitation of face-to-face instruction by the Faculty for objective reasons, they must solve their
situation with the course guarantor without delay.
- The implementation of instruction in individual courses during the time of face-to-face instruction limitation is at the discretion of the Heads of Departments.
- Even during the time of limited face-to-face instruction, students must be able to agree on an on-line or individual contact consultation with their teacher.
Limited presence of members of the academic community in instruction
- If the personal presence of students in instruction is not possible for the reason of mandatory quarantine or a limited possibility of entering the territory of
the Czech Republic in connection with the coronavirus pandemic, the student´s personal non-participation in a lesson in not considered as an absence.
- If the personal presence of students in instruction is not possible for the reason of the coronavirus infection and the student´s state of health does not allow
them to devote themselves to studies, the students may ask the teacher for individual distance instruction in the self-study format, and the teacher is obliged to meet
the student´s demand.
- In the case that a prevailing group of students is under mandatory quarantine, the teachers of compulsory and compulsory elective courses change to the distance instruction
format (on-line teaching) for the respective group or the whole year of study.
- In the case that a teacher is unable to participate personally in instruction in connection with the coronavirus pandemic, the teacher can use distance learning tools
and teach from home. If the instruction cannot be conducted in the distance format, the Head of Department must appoint another teacher to take over the instruction.
- The students studying abroad are recommended to:
The recommendation applies to both the students who are not Czech citizens and study at the Faculty of Civil Engineering CTU in Prague and the students who are Czech
citizens and have left for a study stay abroad.
- take out an insurance policy for the case of coronavirus infection,
- always have such financial resources available to allow their potential fast return home,
- ensure medical care as a prevention.
- The methodological instruction is in force from 21. 9. 2020 to 31. 12. 2020.
- The methodological instruction can be further specified by other regulations related to protective measures against the spread of coronavirus infection.
prof. Dr. Ing. Bořek Patzák
Vice-dean for Science and Research
1 E.g. acts, decrees, government resolutions, ministry guidelines, obligatory measures issued by other bodies, etc.