|Dean´s Directive No. 9/2018||Ref.: 9VD/921/2018|
REGISTRATION FOR THE WINTER SEMESTER
OF THE 2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
I. Basic information
- In the registration term, students do the following
a) choose courses in the IS KOS system
b) register for the winter semester
c) make potential changes in the courses after the start of the semester (applies to registered students)
- Registration for the semester runs electronically – students register in IS KOS on their own by clicking on the "Close Registration" Tab.
Students are allowed to register electronically in IS KOS after complying with the prescribed conditions for continuing their study in the next
- If a student is unable to register electronically in IS KOS, they are obliged to complete their registration personally at the Faculty Student
- After completing registration for the semester, i.e. after clicking on the "Close Registration" Tab, students are no longer allowed to change
their courses in IS KOS on their own. From that moment, courses can only be changed personally at the Student Administration. This does not affect
the possibility of changing the time schedule of registered courses by the students themselves.
II. Dates and Registration Procedure
11.9. Tuesday in IS KOS from 4 p.m. – 30.9.2018 in IS KOS until 11.59 p.m. regular registration term
- changes in courses in IS KOS by the student until clicking on the "Close Registration" Tab, subsequently, after closing the registration,
at the Student Administration,
- registration for the semester in IS KOS by the student by clicking on the "Close Registration" Tab,
- changes in the time schedule in IS KOS by the student – Access to the time schedule is enabled to Bachelor´s degree students gradually
from 11th (Tuesday) to 15th (Saturday) September depending on their previous study results – see note below. Master´s degree students will be
enabled access to the time schedule all at once on 11.9.
In the regular registration term, students may also register personally at the Student Administration during office hours.
The students unregistered by 30.9.2018 will subsequently have their time schedule in IS KOS cancelled. The reason for this is to free the course time
schedule capacities for registered students.
1.10. – 5.10.2018 until 11.00 a.m. late registration outside the preset term at the Student Administration for students unregistered
for study in the regular term
Late registration is completed by students personally at the Student Administration, the registration is subject to a charge of Kč 500,- pursuant
to the Rector´s Decree No. 6/2017.
The students unregistered by 5.10.2018 will have their study terminated due to the non fulfilment of their study duties.
1.10. – 12.10.2018 additional changes in the list of courses and time their schedule for registered students
- changes in courses after the start of the semester at the Student Administration during office hours
- changes in the time schedule by the student in IS KOS: 1.10. from 7.00 a.m. to 12.10. until 11.00 a.m.
From 12.10.2018 11.00 a.m., all student´s courses registered in IS KOS become binding regardless of the fact whether a student has or
does not have a specific time schedule assigned to them.
III. Student Administration‘s office hours in September and October 2018
3. – 5. 9. Office hours are cancelled due to First Year Bachelor´s degree students´ registration at the Faculty
6. – 27.9. Standard office hours the same as during the semester
- 10.9. – office hours are cancelled due to First Year Master´s degree students´ registration at the Faculty
- 12.9., 19. – 20.9. – selected counters are closed on these days due to Bachelor´s and Master´s degree study graduation ceremonies
at the Bethlehem Chapel, registration may be completed at the other counters
- 25.9. – office hours are cancelled due to First Year Master´s degree students late registration at the Faculty
- 26.9. – study matters may be arranged at one counter only due to First Year Bachelor´s degree students´ late registration at the Faculty
1. – 5. 10. Extended office hours
|Mon||8.30 – 11.00 + 13.00 – 15.00|
|Tue||8.30 – 11.00 + 13.00 – 15.30|
|Wed||8.30 – 11.00 + 13.00 – 15.00|
|Thu||8.30 – 11.00 + 13.00 – 15.00|
|Fri||8.30 – 11.00 |
from 8. 10. Standard office hours the same as during the semester
IV. Other Important Information
- To register for the winter semester students have to obtain at least the minimum number of credit units necessary for continuing study,
complete all courses registered for the second time.
- There are no deadlines for the time schedule cancellation or for clicking on the "Close Registration" Tab during the regular registration time.
The last possibility for student´s regular registration in IS KOS is on September 30, 2018 until 11.59 p.m.
- At the start of registration, all students have a preset list of compulsory courses for the winter semester according to the prescribed study plan,
including their time schedule, in IS KOS. Students may change this preset list of courses (by cancelling or adding courses).
- Capacity of compulsory courses
The capacity of compulsory courses is centrally preset by the Faculty so that each student who has the respective course in the prescribed study
plan can register for the course. If, for capacity reasons, a student cannot register for some compulsory course with a specific time
schedule (not applicable to compulsory elective courses), they must in any case register for the compulsory course in IS KOS without a specific
time schedule. After the completion of the regular registration term, the capacity of the time schedule of courses will be adjusted during Monday 1.10.
and Tuesday 2.10., and the student will then register for a specific time schedule of the compulsory course.
- The capacity of compulsory elective and elective courses is within the responsibility of the respective department.
- The system where students are gradually enabled to access the time schedule applies (see note below).
- Registration for physical education lessons
Students enter the respective course code in IS KOS, and successively they have to choose a sport and specific instruction hours on
Gradual enabling access to the time schedule
Access to the time schedule will be enabled to students gradually in waves, always for a group of students with the highest value of the weighted
number of credit units for the last two semesters. The first group with the highest value of the weighted number of credit units will be enabled access
to the time schedule on Tuesday 11.9. after 4.00 p.m.
During processing, KOS automatically assesses the weighted number of credit units for all students who have not been enabled access to the time schedule
so far, and enables access to the time schedule to the following group of students.
The first processing runs on 11.9. from 4.00 p.m., and the next one always the following day from 3 a.m. All students who have been newly enabled access
to the time schedule by the respective afternoon or night data processing are immediately sent a notification e-mail, i.e. these students already
have access to time scheduling available at the moment of receiving the e-mail. Access will be broken up into 5 waves during the registration time
from 11.9. to 15.9. From Saturday 15.9., access to the time schedule will be enabled to all students who complied with the conditions for registration
for the next semester.
The weighted number of credit units for each individual student is calculated as the sum of values (4 - GRADE) * CREDIT UNITS for all successfully
completed courses (A=1 B=1.5 C=2 D=2.5 E=3 F=4, a credit is entered as 3, courses recognized from previous study are not evaluated).
Up-to-date information on students´ access to IS KOS is published on the Faculty Computing and Information Centre website, see
www.fsv.cvut.cz/vic/kos.php (in Czech).
For basic information on IS KOS from the Rector´s Office Computing and Information Centre (Component Administrator) see
portal.cvut.cz (in Czech)
Instruction in the winter semester of the 2018/2019 academic year starts on Monday 1st October 2018.
On 24th July 2018
prof. Ing. Jiří Máca, CSc. m.p.
* * *