How to apply
If you want to apply to the Faculty of Civil Engineering CTU in Prague, the process is much the same as that for other European universities.
For the 2020/2021 enrolment, the application form, together with all required documents, MUST be submitted to the Faculty´s Student
Several simple steps:
- First of all, choose the branch of study
according to your specialization before the submission of the application for study
- Contact the Director of this study branch with the help of the
Department of Science and Research. The Director of the study branch will appoint you supervisor and determine the department where you
will conduct your study. The supervisor will guide the students during their study.
- Design your own individual plan of study that must list six courses suggested by the supervisor (electronically in the
These courses are compulsory. Students also have to pass a mandatory examination in one foreign language. In addition, optional courses may be added
to the plan upon the supervisor´s recommendation.
- Fill in the application form and prepare all required
documents. The validation process or nostrification takes approximately 30 days. It is a good idea to solve it well in advance.
- Pay the administration fee. Send the required documents
all together with your application form to the Faculty by post.
- Upon the admission proceedings completion, you will be informed about the decision. If you are admitted, the Department can conclude a contract
with you. (Full-time doctoral degree students may be employed in research projects.).
- Find accommodation in Prague
- CTU will issue a letter of admission and a financial agreement and confirmation of accommodation at a CTU dormitory
- Apply for a visa at the Czech Embassy in your country
Note: Application forms cannot be sent by electronic mail for the reason of the necessity of adding signatures (candidate´s, supervisor´s,
head of department´s).
Please send the applications to Mrs. Ing. Radmila Hamarová at the Department of Science and Research.
Faculty of Civil Engineering, CTU Prague
Department of Science and Research
Ing. Radmila Hamarová
CZ 166 29 Prague 6, Czech Republic